Hey! I'm Isaiah, and I live through music.
I know what you’re thinking… “I’ve heard it all before”, but something tells me you don’t hear it as much as you hear it. I get it, we're all tired of the musician who cries wolf. But, I'm not crying wolf, I am the wolf! If you gave me the infamous eye-rolling, teeth-smacking, “yeah right” gesture - I get it… but until you’ve heard my music, how can you be entirely sure?
I’ve been a musician since grade school. No, I don't mean that I've sat behind a machine and pounded a few pads (although I’ve done that too, and it’s great), I’ve been in the trenches since age 6. Want proof?... no problem:
- I learned the flute at age 6 in the band of Baldwin Hills Elementary School.
- At age 7, I won 3rd place in a 900 student, city wide competition (Los Angeles City Elementary School Music Association).
- First flutist in the wind ensemble of Audubon Middle School.
- Honestly, flute was always my second choice, so I embraced my first love (Saxophone) at age 12.
- At 13, I was in the Music Academy of Alexander Hamilton High School and played flute, saxophone (tenor), piano and drums.
- I signed my first publishing contract with Hollowstone-Music/Smash Haus at age 18.
- Then, graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Music Production from Full Sail University.
(Insert wolf howl here)... I live through music.
Interested? Take a listen.